Dr. Vanek has been a staff physician at OHSU since 2007. He enjoys working at a large medical school / hospital because of the opportunities it offers to see patients from all over Oregon who wish to receive a superior level of diagnoses and treatment.
His primary clinical interest is in Osteoporosis, Parathyroid Disease, Hypophosphatemia, Hypocalcemia, Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Transgender Hormones, Male Hypogonadism, Adrenal Gland Disorders, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. He has significant experience using specialized therapeutics such as Forteo/Tymlos, Prolia, Sensipar, Reclast, Crysvita, Natpara, Growth Hormone, and Testosterone/Estrogen.
Dr. Vanek has two young children which keep him busy. In his free time he enjoys movies, television, and reading the newspaper.Read more
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles California 1995
- M.D., Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine, Portland Oregon 1999
- Internal Medicine, University of Maryland Hospital / Baltimore VA Medical Center, 2000
- Internal medicine, University of Maryland Hospital / Baltimore VA Medical Center, 2002
- Endocrinology, Oregon Health & Science University, 2006
- American Board of Internal Medicine; Endocrinology and Internal Medicine
Honors and awards
- Portland Monthly; 'Top Doc': 2016, 2017
Memberships and associations
- The Endocrine Society
- American Society of Bone and Mineral Research