My brother, Edmundo, and I dreamt of being Doctors since we had our well child checks with Dr. Max, our local pediatrician. We both graduated from UCLA but he chose Internal Medicine and I chose Surgery.
I have enjoyed practicing across the country from New York to Hawaii. I have found that patients want to be heard and respected no matter who they are. I am privileged to have been give the opportunity to help so many.
I have also enjoyed raising a family and currently enjoy cycling, hiking, and following my grandkids. It is such a special treat to relive the wonder of the "new" through your children's then your grandchildren's eyes. And that drives me to help my patient's experience that joy by helping them live healthy lives.Read more
- M.D., University of California, Los Angeles California 1982
- General Surgery, Nassau University Medical Center, 1989
- Vascular Surgery Research Fellowship, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 1986
- American Board of Surgery, 1991
Memberships and associations
- American College of Surgeons
- North Pacific Surgical Association
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons