Dr. Garcia attended the University of New Mexico where she received her undergraduate degree in Biochemistry. She went on to attain a Master’s of Science in Biology with emphasis in immunotoxicology from the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology in 2001. She then returned to University of New Mexico for her Medical Doctorate that she completed in 2006 and then subsequently stayed on for her Pediatric Residency. It was at that point that she left New Mexico and went on to complete her fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology in 2012 from Washington University in St. Louis. She has been a faculty member of the Department of Pediatrics at OHSU since July 2012. She developed and ran the GI portion of the Hormones and Digestion Block for medical students from 2014-2018. Most recently she took on the role of Assistant Dean of Student Affairs for the OHSU SOM in August 2018. She has a passion for teaching and mentoring students. Her clinical areas of interest include Cystic Fibrosis, Intestinal Rehabilitation and Nutrition.
- B.A., University of New Mexico, Albuquerque New Mexico 1999
- M.D., University of New Mexico, Albuquerque New Mexico 2006
- University of New Mexico Pediatrics Department, Albuquerque New Mexico, 2009
- Pediatric gastroenterology, Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, 2012
Memberships and associations
- North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology