The Physician Assistant Program reserves the right to deny admission to any applicant whose criminal background poses a threat to the university, physician assistant profession, and/or health care community. Please answer the following questions.
Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
If you selected "Other" above, please specify the language:
PREREQUISITE WORKSHEET (required)
Please enter the courses you deem appropriate to meet the prerequisites.
To be eligible for 2014 admissions, ALL PREREQUISITE COURSEWORK MUST BE COMPLETED ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 31, 2013. A grade of 'C' or above is required to meet all prerequisites.Â
Candidates may have their bachelor’s degree in progress as long as it is complete by spring 2014 (degree verification must show degree conferred prior to matriculation) and all prerequisites complete on or before the end of fall term 2013. No exceptions.
SUPPLEMENTAL NARRATIVE (answers to 4A-4D are required for all applicants; 4E is required for applicants who have previously applied to the OHSU PA Program)
1. All first-time OHSU applicants: Please respond to the following (A, B, C, D) in concise typewritten statements. One or two paragraph responses per statement will be sufficient.
2. Reapplicants to OHSU: Please respond to the "For reapplicants only" question (E) and provide updated answers to questions A-D.
- Describe your specific interest in the OHSU PA Program.
- You are talking with a friend about your application to PA programs. Unsure exactly what a PA is, they ask you "is that something like a nurse, or a doctor in training?" How would you respond?
- Please describe your interactions, if any, with clinically practicing physician assistants. If you have not interacted with a PA, please describe resources you found useful in your quest to learn more about the PA profession.
- The OHSU PA Program strives to create a class of individuals with varied backgrounds and interests. If accepted, what would you see as your greatest potential contribution to the class?
- For reapplicants only: You also need to update the admissions committee on your previous year's supplemental application answers to (A-D) above. In addition to updates, please focus your answer for E to the following question: In planning for your reapplication this year, what specific aspects of last year's application did you feel could be improved upon? Specifically, please detail efforts you have made (or plan to make) in the intervening year to make yourself a more competitive applicant; mention additional PA resources you may have utilized, and expand upon your continued interest in the OHSU PA Program. If you previously interviewed with the program before, feel free to discuss thoughts regarding the interview. (Your answer to E may utilize up to a full page response.)
I certify that the information in this application is true and has been completed without evasion or misrepresentation. I understand and agree that providing false information on this application is just cause for my rejection or for my dismissal from the university if accepted.
Please review your information carefully. Once you are satisfied with your answers, be sure to click the Print Page button to print a copy of your application before you submit it below.
Your application will not be recorded unless you click the Submit Supplemental Application button below. An email confirming submission of your supplemental application will be sent to the email address you entered at the beginning of the form.
IMPORTANT: If you have difficulty submitting your Supplemental Application, the MOST likely reason is that you have accidentally pasted too much text into one of the size restricted boxes in the transcript section (the most common area is one of the institution names). If you are unable to find the location, contact the program at email@example.com for additional information to resolve the issue.