ORPRN is now a VISTA hosting site
Take the next step in your educational and personal journey: Join Oregon’s statewide public health VISTA team to build healthy communities and your career!
Two ORPRN projects are accepting AmeriCorps VISTA applications for positions supported through the Oregon Health Authority to help address barriers to accessing services for health-related social needs in Oregon.
Applications are NOW OPEN on the AmeriCorps website. To find the ORPRN opportunities, search on “Oregon” and then navigate to “Oregon Rural Healthcare Access VISTA.” Apply by June 30, 2019
Choose from two ORPRN projects, where you can make meaningful contributions to reducing health disparities in rural Oregon:
- Project ECHO unites primary care physicians in rural areas with specialists through an innovative tele-mentoring model. This allows residents to receive the care they need in their local setting. When rural residents have to travel great distances for specialty care, they often forego the care they need altogether due to the cost and effort involved. Project ECHO alleviates that barrier.
- The Accountable Health Communities project (funded by CMS) seeks to develop integrated, voluntary systems across the health care, public health and social service sectors to identify the social needs of medically underserved populations in rural areas and to assist these populations with accessing services to resolve their needs. The project is also using data integration platforms to link patients with resources (such as food banks, housing vouchers, transportation options) in their own communities.
Current job opportunities:
Practice Enhancement Research Coordinator (PERC)
- ORPRN is accepting applications for a PERC to serve the Eastern Oregon region, based in La Grande. This is a joint position between ORPRN and the Northeast Oregon Area Health Education Center. The PERC will serve the CASCADE trial (NCT03409367), Meta-LARC Advance Care Planning study (NCT03577002) and the Psychiatric Mental health Nurse Practitioner education program.
- Please go to the OHSU jobs page for more information and to apply for position IRC83732.
- ORPRN is accepting applications for an Oregon ECHO Network (OEN) Project Manager. Project ECHO is a telementoring model that supports clinicians, clinical teams, and other healthcare professionals to expand their skills and knowledge in areas they would typically refer to specialty care. The OEN serves as a statewide utility for ECHO programs and services.
- Please go to the OHSU jobs page for more information and to apply for position IRC79622.
- ORPRN is accepting application for a Research Assistant I to support the CAPTURE study. CAPTURE is a multi-side, clinic-based trial identifying patients with currently unrecognized COPD symptoms that may be appropriate for therapeutic and/or preventative treatments.
- Please go to the OHSU jobs page for more information and to apply for position IRC83741.
Current internship opportunities:
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in internship possibilities.
Working alongside rural communities to find answers to important questions – and turn that evidence into action – are important aspects of my work at ORPRN.