HealthInsight is recognizing 13 Oregon hospitals for demonstrating excellence in providing high-quality care for their patients.
The HealthInsight Quality Award Program acknowledges high-performing health care provider organizations in the states for which HealthInsight serves as the Medicare program’s Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO) contractor.
Eligibility for the Hospital Quality Award is based on a composite ranking of performance on quality measures reported on Medicare’s Hospital Compare website. To meet criteria for the 2018 Hospital Quality Award, an Oregon hospital must rank in the top 25th percentile for the composite score, which includes three weighted components:
- Patient Experience of Care (HCAHPS) - 35%
- Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAIs) - 45%
- Readmissions - 20%
To view the full criteria, visit: https://healthinsight.org/quality-awards/290-quality-awards/222-hospital-quality-award-criteria
Oregon recipients of the 2018 Quality Award for hospitals are:
- Adventist Health Portland - Portland
- Asante Three Rivers Medical Center - Grants Pass
- Asante Ashland Community Hospital - Ashland
- Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center - Corvallis
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Sunnyside - Clackamas
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center - Portland
- Legacy Silverton Medical Center - Silverton
- Providence Milwaukie Hospital - Milwaukie
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center - Oregon City
- Saint Alphonsus Medical Center Ontario - Ontario
- Sky Lakes Medical Center - Klamath Falls
- St. Charles Redmond - Redmond
- Willamette Valley Medical Center – McMinnville
HealthInsight is pleased to honor these hospitals for their ongoing work to deliver safe, patient-centered health care for Oregon communities.
The HealthInsight Quality Award Program was launched in September 2004 to promote transparency in health care; 2018 is the inaugural year for the awards in Oregon. As defined by the Institute of Medicine, a transparent health care system is “accountable to the public, works openly, makes results known, and builds trust through disclosure.” By using publicly available quality data to identify high-performing providers and publicizing the results, HealthInsight aims to help providers improve health care and help patients become more active and informed participants in their own care.