Cambia Health Foundation is committed to helping create a person-centered affordable health care system for everyone.
As part of this commitment, Cambia Health Foundation is excited to announce a Request for Proposals (RFP) for funding in two strategic areas: Healthy People, Healthy Communities and Building Resilience in Children. Grants totaling up to $2 million will be awarded to organizations who share in the foundation’s vision and commitment to change the way people experience health care.
More specifically, the funding priorities in this RFP will invest in the following tracks:
- Healthy People, Healthy Communities – developing innovative solutions that enhance patient engagement, support seamless integrated care, and contribute to achieving health equity
- Building Resilience in Children – mitigating the impact of trauma and exposure to toxic stress by providing families and caregiver tools to build healthy relationships and helping children to develop critical coping skills
More information through a complete RFP packet, including specific guidelines, eligibility requirements, key deadlines, and the online application portal can be found on the Cambia Health Foundation website.
The format for this year’s application process is two-staged. Interested organization must submit their Stage 1 application by 12:00 Noon PST May 11, 2018. After review, a select group will be invited to submit full grant applications. Cambia Health Foundation's goal with this process and timeframe is to minimize the amount of time organizations spend completing an in-depth application and ensure staff has adequate time to review the many excellent ideas that are anticipated to be submitted.
A few highlights to keep in mind for anyone who might consider applying:
- Cambia Health Foundation is committed to serve their local communities, preference will be given to proposals that will have some level of regional impact in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and/or Idaho.
- Any charitable not-for-profit organization and eligible equivalent entity with an annual operational budget of at least $200,000 at the time of application is eligible to apply.
- Cambia Health Foundation values the importance of diversity and inclusion with a clear understanding of how those being served have or will be actively engaged in the design and delivery of services.
- Proposals that build on community strengths while solving for specific needs in urban, rural, as well as frontier communities are encouraged.
Cambia Health Foundation is excited to learn more about amazing ideas for disrupting the system to transform the way people experience health care.