Analyzing and Implementing a Research Protocol
Part of the OCTRI Study Coordinator Training Series
April 13, 2023
12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
This is an in person event. Location will be shared after registration.
This is one class in a series of classes designed for OHSU employees who are working as research coordinators. The classes provide in depth education through lecture examples and exercise on clinical research coordinator activities.
The Analyzing and Implementing a Research Protocol class helps coordinators improve their skills for reading and implementing research protocols. The class includes an exercise involving reading a research protocol, identifying research activities, and reviewing required OHSU systems and forms.
- The difference between a protocol and a grant
- Difference between investigator initiated and industry sponsored trial protocols
- How to identify key information in a protocol and where to find important information that may not be included in the protocol
- Determining study feasibility
- Practical considerations for implementing a protocol (who, what, where, when, how, and why)
- OHSU policies and procedures relating to study implementation