Calling All OHSU Filmmakers!
In honor of humanities programing, OHSU students, staff, faculty, alumni, and volunteers are invited to submit up to two original film and video projects by March 17th, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of the competition is to promote the creative filmmaking side of the OHSU community. One submission may also be selected for a prize and exhibition at the 2019 Annual Poetry Recognition Event hosted by OHSU library on April 10, 2019 as well as featured on the OHSU Library website.
Film submission guidelines:
- Theme and Selection: The visual narrative of the artist’s work should embody art in their own bold, subtle, or unique vision with special consideration of your OHSU experience through an artistic lens (though no specific theme is required). Please follow HIPAA and privacy guidelines. Works that contain PHI will be rejected.
- Artistic Form: We are open to any genre (e.g. narrative, documentary, experimental) as long as it is under ten minutes in length and is relevant to the OHSU experience.
- We will not accept anything that can be construed as advertorial or promotional of any products or services.
To submit your artwork, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Your contact information (artist’s name, OHSU affiliation, phone number, and email).
- A Vimeo or YouTube URL link to the work.
- Please use “Film” as the subject line of your e-mail.
Honoring your work:
- A selected filmmaker may receive a $75 gift card and invited to exhibit their work at the OHSU Library’s Annual Poetry Recognition event on April 10, 2019.
- Selected video submissions may be featured on the OHSU Library website.
By submitting your original film via URL to firstname.lastname@example.org, you grant OHSU the non-exclusive right to copy and redistribute your creative work in any medium or format in perpetuity. You will retain all of your copyrights, and be able to republish and redistribute your work without restriction.
OHSU Library is excited to support a forum for the OHSU community to express their creativity and share their insight and experience with others.