Connecting and Giving to the Community
The Avel Gordly Center for Healing is one of the few practices in the Northwest that focuses on culturally sensitive care for the African and African-American community. We have a close collaboration with community partners to ensure that we reach a population who are under served. We recognize how trauma affects the health of our patients and we strive to remove the stigma that is associated with mental illness. We provide cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness based therapy, psychotherapy, and medication management. We have a diverse group of expert practitioners who provide individual, group, marital, couples, and family therapy.
Living in Portland
- Portland offers public art, dozens of urban parks and green spaces, a lively downtown and a world-class transportation system.
- The city boasts world-class museums and performing arts centers, as well as two major league sports franchises.
- The food scene is outstanding, with restaurants and food carts galore, plus, of course, coffee.
- The OHSU campus is a city in and of itself, with 18,000 employees and 36 major buildings overlooking downtown Portland, as well as the famous Portland Aerial Tram.
What we Offer
Commute Programs. Learn More Here
- For anyone with a badge, OHSU’s TriMet and C-tran transit passes are subsidized up to 95%
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Fill out the interest form to learn more about us and our careers.
Center for Diversity and Inclusion
Learn more here on what we are doing to make our community a diverse place to work.