- OHSU has reserved appointments for families of racial and ethnic backgrounds disproportionately impacted by COVID-19, as well as children with disabilities.
- You can look below for an appointment for your 6-month to 5-year-old child.
Call for help or with questions:
Things to know
- The pediatricians at OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital recommend that children get vaccinated.
- OHSU sites have comfort care for kids, including cold numbing spray and a Buzzy vibrating pain-relief device.
- Vaccines are free of charge.
- All vaccines approved by the FDA and CDC are safe and effective.
- Getting vaccinated is the best way to protect your child against COVID-19.
- Vaccines do not affect fertility or DNA, and they cannot give anyone COVID-19.
- Children who have had COVID-19 should be vaccinated. See our FAQ page for details on how soon it's OK to get a vaccine.
- OHSU’s Vaccine Equity Committee provides education, advocacy and action to reduce health disparities in communities historically underserved and disproportionately impacted within the state of Oregon.
- Vaccine type: Moderna (6 months to 5 years)
Make an appointment
- Schedule online below or call 833-647-8222, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Interpreter services are available.
- In the online scheduling tool, if you don’t have a MyChart proxy account, select “Continue as a Guest.”
- Please contact your provider or call 833-647-8222 before scheduling a vaccination if you answer “yes” to any of the following:
- Has your child been treated with a COVID-19 monoclonal antibody or convalescent plasma in the last 90 days?
- Has your child ever had an immediate allergic reaction to any other vaccine?
- Children in this age group must come with a parent/guardian who can give verbal consent for the COVID-19 vaccine. Or the child can come with another adult who can present signed, written permission from a parent/guardian.
- All of these appointments use the Moderna vaccine, in a smaller dose for children.
- Your child’s second dose will be scheduled for 4 weeks later at this visit.
- We will not be able to provide any booster vaccines for other age groups at these appointments. Booster shots are available at other locations.
Terms and conditions
By scheduling a vaccine appointment with OHSU through this website, you, on your own behalf or on behalf of another individual receiving the vaccine from OHSU (e.g., your minor child or other person for whom you act as health care representative), agree to the following:
- To receive a COVID vaccine from OHSU health care professionals, students, volunteers or agents.
- If you have health insurance or health benefit coverage, OHSU may bill and collect reimbursement from your health insurance or health benefits plan for the COVID vaccine OHSU provides to you or the individual you represent.
- OHSU may collect, maintain and use personal and health information about you (or the individual you represent) as necessary to provide and bill for the COVID vaccine and satisfy state and federal regulations. OHSU’s Notice of Privacy Practices (“NPP”) explains our obligations regarding your information. You can view or download a copy of the NPP here.
- You agree to receive communications regarding your care through various methods including mail, telephone, OHSU MyChart, email and manual or auto-dialing voicemail messages and text messages using the contact information that you give us.
- You understand that you will receive an email confirming your first name, appointment date, time and location after you schedule an appointment through this website. You understand that email and text messaging is not secure or encrypted and may contain confidential information. You understand that you may avoid receiving this detailed appointment confirmation email by calling to schedule your vaccine appointment using the number above.
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, appointment only
This is an indoor site. Please check in first at Doernbecher's main lobby before heading to the seventh floor.
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
700 S.W. Campus Drive
Portland, OR 97239
Map and directions
Prepare for your vaccination
What to wear: Have your child wear something that makes it easy to expose an upper arm or upper leg for a shot. All adults and children 2 and older must wear a mask at OHSU locations.
Don’t come if you or your child are sick: Please reschedule your appointment if you are sick or have symptoms that could be from COVID-19.
You do not need medical insurance: Your child will receive a vaccine at no cost to you, and you do not need to have medical insurance. If you do have medical insurance, though, please bring your insurance card to your appointment. Providers are allowed to charge your insurance company a fee to cover the cost of providing a shot. This fee may temporarily appear in your MyChart account, but you will NOT be billed.
Who can come with you: Up to two healthy visitors can come with a child receiving a vaccination at Doernbecher Children’s Hospital. See OHSU's visitor policy on our For Patients and Visitors page. Service animals are also allowed. Please leave pets at home.
What to expect
Accommodations for disabilities and language: When you arrive, ask any staff member for any of the following. You can also ask about other accommodations or modifications, and we'll do our best to grant them.
- Language interpreter services
- Clear face masks
- Braille and large-print vaccine information
- Vaccine information in languages other than English
Observation: After your shot, you and your child will be asked to wait in an observation area for 15 or 30 minutes to make sure your child doesn’t have an adverse reaction.
Side effects: Learn about possible side effects and where to report them on our FAQ page.
Why aren’t vaccine providers wearing gloves? Gloves are not required for vaccinating, and medical gloves are in short supply. Regulators and medical experts agree that proper hand hygiene is an appropriate option instead. Learn more on our FAQ page.
- Interpreters will be available if you speak a language other than English.
- Ayuda en otros idiomas: Habrá intérpretes disponibles si habla un idioma que no sea inglés
- Trợ giúp ngôn ngữ Sẽ có thông dịch viên nếu quý vị nói một ngôn ngữ không phải tiếng Anh.
- Языковая поддержка: Если вы не говорите на английском языке, будут доступны услуги устного перевода.
- المساعدة اللغوية: سيُتاح مترجمون فوريون إذا كنت تتحدث لغة أخرى غير اللغة الإنجليزية
Questions? Need help?
- Reach our call center at 833-647-8222, weekdays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Help scheduling a vaccine or booster: 833-647-8222, weekdays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Comuníquese con nuestro centro de atención llamando al 833-647-8222, de lunes a viernes, de 8 a. m. a 5 p. m.
- Ayuda para programar una vacuna o refuerzo: 833-647-8222, de 8 a. m. a 8 p. m. entre semana y de 10 a. m. a 6 p. m. los fines de semana
- Hãy liên lạc tổng đài của chúng tôi theo số 833-647-8222 , các ngày trong tuần 8 giờ sáng đến 5 giờ chiều
- Giúp lên lịch tiêm vắc-xin hoặc liều tăng cường: 833-647-8222, các ngày trong tuần 8 giờ sáng đến 5 giờ chiều
- С нашим колл-центром можно связаться по номеру 833-647-8222 в будние дни с 8 a.m. до 5 p.m.
- Помощь с записью на вакцинацию или повторную вакцинацию: 833-647-8222, с 08:00 до 20:00 в будний день или с 10:00 до 18:00 в выходной