The OHSU Administrative Internship Program allows undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to experience the healthcare profession through an administrative lens.
OHSU is accepting 15 interns for the summer of 2020 (June – August) to be placed in various healthcare departments across the organization.
In addition to the assigned project, interns will have the opportunity to experience day-to-day operations (e.g., daily readiness huddles, staff seminars and trainings, etc.), as well interact with patients, families and staff through rounds and other engagement experiences.
To support intern growth, development and networking opportunities, weekly lunches with executive leadership will be provided, including an in-depth question and answer session.
Interns will receive a stipend to support housing and living expenses throughout the summer, but are responsible for arranging and securing their own housing. They will also receive a pass valid for all Portland public transportation.
- Ability to commit to entire 12-week internship, 35-40 hours per week (June through August- Dates vary based on academic schedule)
- Recent graduate of or current enrollment at an accredited university pursuing a bachelor's or graduate degree with Junior or Senior standing
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to take initiative and be self-directed
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with teams
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills and is able to meet project milestones and deadlines
Examples of past projects
How to apply
Application for summer 2020 will be available January, 1, 2020.
Applications must be submitted by February, 16, 2020.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org