- Please contact core staff for recommendations on sample collection and preparation prior to submission to the core.
- New sample drop off and pickup site at KCRB launched April 12th. See more information below.
Step 1: Submit iLab request for Core Services
Submit request for GPSR services using iLab ordering system. After receiving the service ID from the Core staff, prepare samples and deliver/ship to the Core lab as described below.
Step 2: Labeling sample tubes
Samples should be submitted in a 1.5 ml RNase-free, DNase-free microfuge tube. Tubes should be labeled on top with the sample name. The sample name must match the name provided in the GPSR Sample Submission Form. On the side of the tube, provide the GPSR project ID (e.g. 123XY) sample name and if possible, the date of preparation.
Step 3: Packaging samples for delivery
For RNA and DNA assessment requests, please provide an aliquot of the buffer or water used for nucleic acid elution/resuspension. This will be used for instrument blanking for UV measurements.
In general, samples should be placed on dry ice in a styrofoam box. In some cases, DNA samples can be provided on wet ice or at 4C degrees. If working with fresh flow sorted cells or formalin fixed tissue, please contact us for special instructions.
Step 4: Sample delivery
*Please do not deliver or ship samples without first contacting GPSR staff to set-up a delivery time.*
- For drop off at Richard Jones Hall: The GPSR is located on the main campus on the 5th floor of Richard Jones Hall (RJH). The lab is located in room 5390, and our phone number is 503-418-9378. Samples can be hand-delivered to member of the GPSR staff.
- West Campus investigators: A campus courier service is available. For details, please contact Travis Hutchens at the West Campus receiving dock (503-346-5269).
- Knight Cancer Research Building: The sample drop off location is located on the 4th floor of Knight Cancer Research Building (KCRB). GPSR staff are available to receive samples and discuss projects and services on Tuesdays from 9am-10am, and Fridays from 9am-10am. Instructions for sample drop off are available from GPSR staff and at the drop off location. An iLab sample request must be submitted and approved prior to sample drop off.
Non-OHSU investigators: Please ship samples on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday using overnight FedEx shipment service. Our mailing address and phone number are listed below. Please send the shipment tracking number to a member of the GPSR staff.
Oregon Health & Science University
Gene Profiling Shared Resource
Richard Jones Hall Room 5390
3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Way
Portland, OR 97239
Lab phone number: 503-418-9378