There are various opportunities for individuals to volunteer in the lab. Positions are generally a good fit for individuals with some coursework in in neuroscience, psychology, or computer programming, or individuals who have graduated from a formal program of study and are interested in gaining research experience. Volunteer opportunities may focus on direct participant interaction or analysis and processing of imaging data. All volunteer positions will require involvement with some general lab duties, such as data entry.
Position descriptions and qualifications
Volunteer Lab Assistant – Undergraduate and Post-Bac Level
Lab Assistant Description:
Volunteers may be involved in more general lab duties, such as data entry and prepping study materials, MRI data preprocessing, or assisting Research Assistants in running study visits. Volunteers are encouraged to attend our weekly 1hr lab meeting and can attend other didactic opportunities offered through the lab and univeristy.
- Coursework/training in psychology and/or neuroscience
- Coursework/training in basic statistics
- Ability to use Excel (required)
- Familiarity with programming languages (particularly Linux) OR willingness to learn some basic programming to execute script
- Must have some evening and weekend availability
- Although actual hours may vary each week based on participant scheduling and availability, we ask for a commitment of 8hrs/week of availability for at least one year
How to apply
For more information and to fill out an application, please contact the SCAN Lab via email at scan@OHSU.edu. Please state what position you are interested in and provide a CV or resume.
**The lab is not currently taking on any additional volunteers. This website will be updated if that changes.