The Fetal Therapy Program at OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital works closely with community providers to give patients the best care possible. If your patient has a high-risk pregnancy, we will partner with you and your patient to develop a treatment and delivery plan.
Why partner with us?
- We’ll contact you within two business days of seeing your patient.
- You can expect updates throughout your patient’s pregnancy.
- You and your patient will join our team in deciding the best place to deliver.
- You can reach our team members directly at email@example.com.
- Your patient will receive coordinated care from a team of specialists in maternal-fetal medicine, pediatrics and neonatology.
- Doernbecher is a nationally ranked children’s hospital recognized in six specialties, including neonatology.
- Our maternal-fetal medicine specialists are from the OHSU Center for Women’s Health, a national center of excellence in women’s health since 2003.
- OHSU Doernbecher has the only level 4 neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) on the West Coast to earn the gold Beacon Award for Excellence. The award recognizes our outstanding patient care and outcomes. Learn more about Doernbecher’s awards and recognition.
What to expect
- Tests: Your patient’s visit will begin with a comprehensive review of records and a workup. Tests will include imaging studies such as ultrasound, echocardiography and MRI.
- Care plan: We’ll share the findings with you and map a care plan with your patient.
- Keeping you informed: As the primary provider, you will receive our notes and care plan within two business days of your patient’s visit. We will work closely with you and your patient to plan a delivery that best meets your patient’s needs. For example, we strive to keep families as close to home as possible, transferring patients to OHSU only when medically necessary.
- Personal care: Our care coordinator, a registered nurse, helps families throughout pregnancy. In addition, if we recommend delivery at OHSU, your patient will get a chance to tour our facilities and meet our postnatal and pediatric specialists.
Multidisciplinary care for your patients
We offer advanced treatments and services. We’ll work with you to provide the coordinated fetal care your patient needs. Our services include:
Advanced diagnostic imaging:
- 3D and 4D ultrasound
- Fetal echocardiography
- Fetal MRI
- Interpretation of prior outside imaging
Advanced diagnostic testing:
- Chorionic villus sampling (CVS)
- Periumbilical blood sampling (PUBS)
- Genetic testing from umbilical cord blood collection at delivery
Multiple specialty consultations in one visit:
- Maternal-fetal medicine
- Pediatric subspecialties
- Genetic counseling
Genetic consultation before and/or after birth:
- Chromosome analysis
- Directed single gene testing
- Whole exome or whole genome sequencing
- Intrauterine transfusion
- Vesico-amniotic and thoraco-amniotic shunt placement
- Ex-utero intrapartum treatment (EXIT) procedure
Neonatal intensive care:
- One nurse for every one to three patients
- Doctors with advanced neonatology training
- Access to specialists across Doernbecher
- Neonatal therapists to support and monitor an infant’s development
- Seamless coordination with our fetal specialists and other providers
- Prenatal care
- Antenatal testing
- Labor and delivery/postpartum
- Family planning
- Social work
- Family and community support groups
- Child life specialists
- Palliative care
- Postnatal follow-up and testing
- Lactation help
Continue your education
Learn about professional development opportunities at OHSU.