While you are with us, be sure to visit the Doernbecher Family Resource Center in the lobby of our hospital next to the Starbucks coffee shop.
- Copy and fax machines
- Computers with internet access
- Weekly activities for parents
- Large selection of children’s books on health-related topics for patients and siblings
- Reliable online medical information approved by physicians
- Resources for families with elevated health care needs
- Information on coping with hospitalization, illness and becoming as well as possible
- Information on child development from prenatal through young adulthood.
- Resources in Spanish and other non-English languages
- Resources for health and wellness
- Much, much more!
We are open weekdays, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Family Resource Center is made possible by Friends of Doernbecher.
The Family Resource Center's Consumer Health Information Service is intended to provide the public with access to a wide range of health information. Our aim is to promote individual responsibility for health. We do not provide or offer medical advice.
We seek to provide current and authoritative sources of information. However, we do not claim to offer all available references on a topic. Medical information is continually changing, and we may not always be able to provide the very latest developments. Materials provided offer the views of individual authors and do not necessarily represent or imply approval or recommendation by OHSU, Doernbecher Children's Hospital, or by your own physician or health care provider.
We hope this information will be useful in communication with your health care providers. Questions about your unique medical condition and circumstances can be answered only by your physician or health care provider.
Family resource center
Located in the lobby of Doernbecher hospital
Open Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
For more information