Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Doernbecher Children's Hospital. Please review the application process outlined below. This process helps us meet government regulations and helps to ensure excellent experiences for you, patients, visitors and staff.
Make an informed choice to volunteer
As a volunteer, you will be asked to:
- Meet the qualifications and time commitment for the volunteer position
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old, except for Volunteer Guides who must be at least 14 years old and in high school
- Volunteers are asked to commit to at least 6 months of service; a 1-year commitment is required to volunteer in the Emergency Department
- Participate in an interview, training and the placement process
- Submit to a criminal background check
- Obtain TB skin tests and immunizations as needed
- Adhere to clinical dress code guidelines, including no artificial fingernails and no natural nails longer than 1/4 inch
- Rent a volunteer uniform ($12)
Applying to volunteer
Once you have completed your online application, we will contact you when a volunteer opening is available at the times and in the areas you have specified. If there are no immediate openings, your application will be kept on file for three months.
If you have not heard from us within a few weeks, please contact us and let us know that you would like us to continue to look for an opportunity that suits you. If you have a change in availability, there is no need to resubmit your application. Please call us to update your application.
For more information