Application deadline: October 15, 2019
Applications to the Pediatric Residency Training Program must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), and should include the following:
- Personal Statement- please discuss why you have chosen Pediatrics and, specifically, why OHSU might be a good fit for you and your career goals. This can be included as a brief addendum to the end of your personal statement.
- A minimum of three Letters of Recommendation (we do not require a letter from the Chair of the department)
- Dean's letter
- USMLE scores (at least Step 1 required to apply)
Applicants are invited for an interview based on the strength of their application.
Interview dates 2019-2020
- Nov. 1, 4, 5, 8, 11, 12, 15, 18, 19, 22, 25, 26
- Dec. 2, 3, 6, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, 20
- Jan. 6, 7, 10
Upon receipt of an application, the selection committee will review and notify each applicant by email of the decision to interview. Applicants may then schedule an interview online through Thalamus. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to interview all applicants.
We require Step 1 scores for all initial applications, including DO applicants. We also require Step 2 scores by January 31st.
For graduates of a foreign medical school, at least one year of clinical training in the US or Canada must have been completed in order to apply. Applicants must be legally able to work in the US, or eligible to obtain work. Applicants must also provide a copy of a valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, participate in the National Residency Match Program and apply through ERAS.