The Center for Ethics in Health Care leads research in key domains of the various ethics issues.
Selected publications include:
- Jansen, Lynn A and Steven Wall. “Rethinking Exploitation: A Process-Centered Account,” Kennedy Institute of Ethics Journal 23(4) 2013:381-410.
- Jansen, Lynn A. "Stewardship." Bioethics. Ed. Bruce Jennings. 4th ed. Vol. 6. Farmington Hills, MI: Macmillan Reference USA, 2014. 3011-3016. (Gale Virtual Reference Library. Web. 25 June 2014 Encyclopedia of Bioethics.)
Jansen, Lynn A. “Between Beneficence and Justice: The Ethics of Stewardship in Medicine," The Journal of Medicine and Philosophy (January, 2013) 38;1:50-63.
Jansen, Lynn A. and Eran Klein. “Consent Through Rose-Tinted glasses: The Optimistic Bias in Parkinson’s Disease Clinical Trials,” American Journal of Bioethics/Neuroscience. 6 (1):1-3, (2015).
- Jansen, Lynn A. “Mindsets, Informed Consent and Research,” The Hastings Center Report 44(2014);25-32.
- Muramoto O. Socially and Temporally Extended End-of-Life Decision-making Process for Dementia Patients. Journal of Medical Ethics. Published online Feb 2011.
- Jansen LA, Appelbaum PS, Kelin WMP, Weinstein ND, Cook W, Fogel JS, Sulmasy DP. Unrealistic Optimism in Early-Phase Oncology Trials. IRB: Ethics & Human Research. 2011;33(1):1-8.
- Hickman SE, Nelson CA, Moss A, Hammes BJ, Terwilliger A, Jackson A, Tolle SW. Use of the Physicain Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST) Paradigm Program in the Hospice Setting. Journal of Palliative Medicine. 2009;12:133-141.
- Hickman SE, Sabatino CP, Moss AH, Nester Wehrle J. The POLST (Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment) Paradigm to Improve End-of-Life Care: Potential State Legal Barriers to Implementation. J Law Med Ethics. 2008;36:119–140
- Hickman SE, Tolle SW, Brummel-Smith K, Carley MM. Use of the POLST (Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment) Program in Oregon Nursing Facilities: Beyond Resuscitation Status. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2004;52:1424-1429.
- Meyers JL, Moore C, McGrory A, Sparr J, Ahern M. Use of the Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST) form to honor the wishes of Nursing Home Residents for End of Life Care: Preliminary Results of a Washington State Pilot Project. Journal of Gerontological Nursing. 2004;30(9):7-46.
- Schmidt TA, Hickman SE, Tolle SW, Brooks HS. The Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST) Program: Oregon Emergency Medical Technicians’ Practical Experiences and Attitudes. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2004;52:1430- 1434.
- Demanelis A, Moss A. Pilot Study on POST (Physician Orders for Scope of Treatment): Report on POST Form Evaluations. 2002. Unpublished Study.
- Lee MA, Brummel-Smith K, Meyer J, Drew N, London MR. Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST): Outcomes in a PACE Program. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2000;48:1219-1225.
- Tolle SW, Tilden VP, Dunn P, Nelson C. A Prospective Study of the Efficacy of the Physician Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 1998:46(9):1097-1102.
- Dunn PM, Schmidt TA, Carley MM, Donius M, Weinstein MA, Dull VT. (1996). A Method to Communicate Patient Preferences About Medically Indicated Life-Sustaining Treatment in the Out-of-Hospital Setting. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 1996;44:785-791.