Diversity at OHSU requires creating and sustaining a community of inclusion. We honor, respect, embrace and value the unique contributions and perspectives of all employees, patients, students, volunteers and our local and global communities.
Diversity includes age, color, culture, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. We respect diversity of thought, ideas and more.
Diversity maximizes our true potential for creativity, innovation, quality patient care, educational excellence and outstanding service.
Business Case Statement
Diversity is essential to realize our multifaceted mission and to set the example for integrity, compassion and leadership in health care, education, research and community service.
Diversity is fundamental to OHSU’s ability to attract and retain top talent, achieve innovation and creativity, flourish in a competitive market, maximize the return on our investment in people and ensure flexibility to thrive.
- Policy No. 03-05-035, Sexual Harassment
- Policy No. 03-05-050, Equal Employment Opportunity
- Policy No. 02-01-002, Equal Access for Students with Disabilities
- Policy No. 08-01-005, Access for Members of the Public to Programs, Services & Activities
- Policy No. 08-01-006, Physical Access Committee