December 16, 2022
7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
515 SW Campus Drive
Portland, Oregon 97239
Room: Macdonald Auditorium
When it's time, join your Webex meeting here.
Phone (audio only):
Mobile phone (one-touch):
In person and virtual Grand Rounds course
Grand rounds is mainly a case-based CME conference representing all areas of ophthalmology. Residents and fellows present common and uncommon cases with interesting clinical questions and a faculty moderator will facilitate the discussion. The aim of the conference is to educate the audience on clinical pearls, best practices, quality improvement, and examining the contemporary evidence.
The lecture will be followed by a special celebration in honor of Dr. Robert Watzke, who will be celebrating his 100th birthday this December. Dr. Watzke has spent countless hours dedicated to patient care and educating our residents and fellows, and we look forward to recognizing his special day with friends, alumni and colleagues. There will be time at the end of the Grand Rounds session for attending in person and virtually to share their birthday wishes with Dr. Watzke.
Date: Friday, December 16
7 - 8 a.m.: Case presentations highlighting Dr. Watzke’s career achievements and contributions to the field
8 - 8:30 a.m.: Special birthday celebration
Location: Macdonald Auditorium, Casey Eye Institute building
Target audience: Ophthalmologists and ophthalmologists in training.
Topic: Watzke Conference
Adam Hanif, M.D.
Claire Mueller, M.D.
Katie Kogachi, M.D.
Ashlin Joye, D.O.
Daniel Lee, M.D.
Participants will be able to:
- Recognize patterns in retinal images leading to a differential diagnoses.
- Critically evaluate retinal images of multiple modalities.
- Evaluate quality of images and recognize image artifacts.
Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
OHSU School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure to Learners
- Adam Hanif, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Claire Mueller, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Kaitlin Kogachi, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Ashlin Joye, D.O. - Nothing to Disclose
- Daniel Lee, M.D. Nothing to Disclose
Program Planning Committee
- Hemakshi Adke - Nothing to Disclose
- Aiyin Chen, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Julie Falardeau, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Seema Gupta, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Thomas Hwang, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Susan Minnieweather - Nothing to Disclose
- Afshan Nanji, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Amanda Redfern, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Leah Reznick, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Lorri Wilson, M.D. - Nothing to Disclose
- Daniel Tu, M.D., Ph.D. - Nothing to Disclose