It’s common to go through some type of breast health concern. This could include a lump, a change in breast tissue, breast pain, nipple discharge or something else. What’s important to remember is that most breast disorders are not cancer.
From routine care such as mammograms to more complex health needs, we can help. Our breast health nurse practitioner will help coordinate your care through the Breast Center, from answering your questions about diagnostic mammograms to discussing your test results.
Our unique approach to breast care
- Same-day assessments to establish a diagnosis and treatment plan
- Expert clinical breast exams including imaging if appropriate
- Open extended hours on Saturday for routine screening appointments
Services tailored to your needs
- Evaluation and detection of benign breast conditions such as breast pain, breast lumps, skin changes, nipple discharge or other concerns
- Breast imaging and screening, including 3D and standard mammography, ultrasound, ductogram and MRI
- Biopsies, including MRI-guided, ultrasound-guided and stereotactic (mammogram-guided)
- Cyst aspirations and fine needle aspirations, performed by our radiologists
- Genetic counseling for those with a family history of breast cancer
- Breast cancer treatment – in cases where malignancy (cancer) is found, we can connect you to the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute, offering comprehensive breast cancer care and a unique treatment plan just for you. During one single visit, patients undergo evaluation by our entire team of breast cancer specialists. At the end of this visit, each patient leaves with a personalized treatment plan including a variety of treatment options.