In the spirit of the Neurocritical Care Program's e-newsletter namesake, we're delighted to introduce a new space to share research: the Dendritic Spike Mini-Symposium. This program will showcase interdisciplinary clinical research collaborations in Neurosciences involving Neurocritical Care.
Following an introduction by Dr. Holly Hinson, the Neuro ICU Associate Director of Clinical Research, trainees and junior faculty in the departments of Neurological Surgery and Neurology will present works in progress.
This event is free and no registration is required. Contact Kate Stout with questions.
Thursday, June 9 2022
Please join us for the third Dendritic Spike Mini-Symposium which will feature trainees and junior faculty in the departments of Neurosurgery, Neurology and Anesthesia who will present works in progress in subarachnoid hemorrhage, traumatic brain injury, stroke, and more.
- Mehtab Sal, M.D. (soon to be Diagnostic Radiology intern): Identifying Common Brain Networks Associated with Paroxysmal Sympathetic Hyperactivity
- Dan Munger, M.D. (Neurosurgery resident): Correlations between Brain and Core Temperature
- Andrew Nguyen, M.D. (Neurocritical Care fellow): EEG Findings in Immune Effector Cell -Associated Neurotoxicity
- Vishal Saini, M.D. (Neurocritical Care fellow): Sleep Architecture in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
View the recording. (password: vBixusT6)
Thursday, Sept. 16, 2021
View the recording.
- Dr. Erik Brown (Neurosurgery Chief Resident): Stereo EEG and Language Mapping
- Dr. Lindsey Carvalho (Neurology Resident): The Influence Of Blood Volume Analysis On The Clinical Management Of Non-Traumatic Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Dr. Caitlin Richardson-Royer (Neuro ICU Fellow): Methamphetamine is Associated with Younger Age at Rupture in Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Dr. Dominic Siler (Neurosurgery resident): Pressure Driven Thrombolytic Lavage to Reverse Acute Hydrocephalus in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
Tuesday, Jan. 20, 2021
- Dr. John Holton-Burke (Neuro ICU Fellow): Blood Volume Analysis in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Dr. Austin Peters (Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine Faculty) and Dr. Jenna Leclerc (Anesthesia resident): Neurophysiology of Ketamine Perioperatively
- Dr. Dominic Siler (Neurological Surgery Resident): PET imaging of soluble epoxide hydrolase in Neurocritical Illness
- Dr. Caitlin Richardson-Royer (Neuro ICU Fellow): Methamphetamine Use and Seizure Incidence after Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Joe Nugent (MD candidate, mentor: Dr. Ahmed Raslan, Neurological Surgery): The Development of a Multi-modal Monitoring Probe