The OHSU Massively Parallel Sequencing Shared Resource (MPSSR) was founded in 2009 to provide high quality, cost efficient short read sequencing services to help investigators examine the genetic profiles that underlie disease predisposition and to explore the fundamental operations of biological systems. In addition to sequencing services, the MPSSR offers a variety of library construction services - including genome resequencing with sequence capture and transcriptome analysis. Contact us about your proposed work to see how we can assist you.
We have recently added strand-specific sequencing of mRNA using ScriptSeq to our list of standard library protocols.
Funding for the Illumina GAIIx sequencer was provided by a generous grant from the M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust. Funding for our upgrade to the HiSeq 2000 was provided by OHSU.
The MPSSR receives support from the Knight Cancer Institute.
Quick Links and Quick Information
- Useful References - papers addressing various topics that relate to short read sequencing
- Initiate a project using the MPSSR iLab page: iLab
- Illumina HiSeq 2000 Sequencer
- Illumina cBot
- Covaris S2 sonicator.
- 16-core Dell Server with 41 Tb storage
- ABI StepOne Real Time PCR System