The Histopathology Shared Resource provides Immuhistochemistry services which include:
- Testing and titering new antibodies, both monoclonal and polyclonal. The latter should be either a purified IgG fraction or affinity-purified. (Straight serum is not suitable for immunostaining).
- Optimization of staining to enhance detection and reduce background.
- Epitope retrieval techniques (pre-treatment with heat and/or proteases)
- Specialized secondary detection reagents
- Avidin/biotin blocking steps
- Double- and triple-antibody stains using multiple chromagens.
For more information on Immuhistochemistry services, visit ourpage.