The Histopathology Shared Resource (HSR) provides Immuhistochemistry services which include:
- Testing and titering new antibodies, both monoclonal and polyclonal. The latter should be either a purified IgG fraction or affinity-purified. (Straight serum is not suitable for immunostaining).
- Optimization of staining to enhance detection and reduce background.
- Epitope retrieval techniques (pre-treatment with heat and/or proteases)
- Specialized secondary detection reagents
- Avidin/biotin blocking steps
- Double- and triple-antibody stains using multiple chromagens.
Manual and Automated Immuhistochemistry
Immunohistochemistry (IHC) services provided by the Histopathology Shared Resource (HSR) can be performed using the Ventana Benchmark XT platform (automated) or stained by hand (manual).
Researchers interested in submitting an IHC request should first contact Todd Camp for more information.
List of Optimized Antibodies by HSR
The Histopathology Shared Resource has performed various IHC Stains:
Contact us for any additional information regarding our IHC Services.