Nucleic Acid Assessment
The GPSR provides nucleic acid assessment services to quantify and determine purity and size of RNA and DNA isolated from nearly any biological source. The quality assessment (QA) service is supported with a variety of measurement instruments, including several UV spectrophotometers, a plate reader, a fluorimeter and state-of-the-art Bioanalyzer systems including the Agilent 2100 and TapeStation 2200.
Proper quantitation and size analysis of RNA and DNA samples prior to downstream processing provides useful insight into sample quality, purity, and integrity which can help ensure high quality data and improved reproducibility.
Our trained staff is experienced at analyzing both RNA and DNA quality and the core provides comprehensive assessment reports to aid investigators with interpreting their results.
Bioanalyzer 2100 (pictured left) TapeStation 2200 (pictured right)
NanoDrop One NanoDrop 8000 SpectraMax i3x Multi-Mode Microplate Reader
- RNA (eukaryotic, prokaryotic, FFPE, small RNA) quality assessment
- UV measurement at 260, 280, 230nm
- Bioanalyzer assay of total or mRNA : Agilent RNA 6000 Nano or RNA 6000 Pico chips ; quantitative and qualitative threshold for the RNA 6000 Nano chip is 25ng/µ; and for the RNA 6000 Pico chip 50pg/l
- µ; fluorescent assay (l-RiboGreen Quant RNA Assay Kit, Life Technologies) - optional
- iT assay of small RNA also available; size range 6-150 RiboGreen
- DNA (fresh, frozen, Bioanalyzer) quality assessment
- nt DNA FFPE assay for analysis of Genomic DNA from 200 > 60,000bp
- UV or fluorescence measurement - optional
- Fragmented DNA and Library quality assessment
- ScreenTape High Sensitivity DNA chip assay, minimum sensitivity 5 pg/genomic
- Bioanalyzer fluorescent assay (µ;-lTM PicoGreen Quant Assay Kit, Life Technologies) - optional
Sample Preparation and DeliveryFor information about sample preparation and delivery, please see the instructions here.