Automated DNA Sequencing Core
The Vollum DNA Sequencing Core provides DNA sequencing services to the scientists at the Vollum Institute and to other research units and departments at OHSU on a fee-for-service basis. Prices vary depending on overall use of the core. For more details, please contact the core .
The Vollum Sequencing Core is currently using an ABI 3130XL sequencer, which is capable of running 174 samples in 24 hours.
Using the Sequencing Core
There is no sign up sheet. Here's how it works:
- Drop off samples any time—place in the small refrigerator across from room 4404 on the 4th floor of the Vollum or send via campus mail.
- Include a printed copy of the service request form PDF (119 KB) with your samples OR submit a service request online.
- Samples are picked up promptly at 11:00 AM every day.
- Standard turn around time is 1–2 days, but results are usually emailed the morning following submission.
- If there is a problem with your run, you will be contacted via email and will not be charged.
Submitting a Request for Service: Two Options
- Submit a service request online using the Vollum Sequencing Core's web form and drop off your samples for processing.
- Download the service request form PDF (119 KB). Fill out electronically using Acrobat or fill out by hand. Then submit a printed copy of the completed form with your samples.
Additional Documents and Links
Core Director: Travis Rogers