Tips for New Users
We know that at first glance CROETweb.com can seem overwhelming since it contains so much information. Keep in mind that, while our first priority is to provide the best information for Oregon workers and employers, most links are useful to workers and employers around the world. If you are having difficulty getting started, here are some tips:
- Our most popular topic is Materials for Safety Talks – which includes lots of great material for safety meetings and short training sessions and includes links to public domain/free videos.
- If you’re looking for help and guidance with your safety program visit the topic Health and Safety Programs. Once there you’ll find a variety of health and safety subtopics on the toolbar at left.
- Next, look to see if your industry is represented under the “Occupations & Industries” category on the home page.
- Finally take time to explore specific topics on the home page under the Chemical, Biological, Workplace Safety and Ergonomics categories.
- Keep in mind that regardless of what topic you are viewing, the left toolbar always contains a “Related topics on this site” subtopic which may lead you to other information related to your specific interests.
- If you are looking for materials in Spanish they will show up in the left toolbar under the heading “Recursos en Español” or you can select the “Español” button in the upper right hand corner of the home page for a broader look at all topics in Spanish.
Details about CROETweb
- While designed specifically to support Oregonians, CROETweb is widely visited by people around the world. Already in 2009, CROETweb has had visitors from over 100 countries. Those countries with visitors most frequently visiting CROETweb include the United States, Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, Malaysia and India.
- CROETweb received just over 194,000 page views during 2008 ranging from a monthly average of 14,000 to just under 19,000 hits per month.
Questions? Comments? Feedback?
New content for CROETweb often comes from suggestions from viewers and users of the website. We welcome your feedback on what we should add, how navigation might be improved, suggestions for new links, or anything else related to the site. Contact us at email@example.com.
Remember to check back frequently as CROETweb additions are commonly made on a daily basis. It's easy to see what's most recently been added by visiting the What's New: 20 most recent links added to CROETweb.com. Better yet, sign up for our Monthly Electronic Newsletter which will inform you once a month on link additions, news from the OR-FACE Program and other events and news from CROET.