Education, Outreach, Dissemination & Translation
OHWC in the Community
OHWC outreach and engagement builds on existing programs at Oregon Institute of Occupational Health Sciences, Portland State University and the University of Oregon's LERC. Our goals are to:
- Build communities of interest and practice on Total Worker Health
- Connect our research with practitioners in occupational health, health promotion, human resources, and labor relations
- Promote interchange among researchers to optimize critical feedback and sharing
- Identify new areas of cross-disciplinary collaboration of Center PIs and staff
- Provide educational opportunities on both overarching theoretical constructs and current policy issues
- Include underserved populations in educational activities
Upcoming Educational and Outreach Events:Mindfulness and Total Worker Health
Friday, November 20, 2015
University Place Conference Center, Portland OR
Speakers include: Dr. Autumn Krauss, Sentis; Rich Goerhling, Hillsboro Police Department; Susy Reiner, RN, CDE and Captain Bob Wenz, Alaska Tanker; Dr. Robert Roeser, PSU. Check back in September for program details and registration information. This event available for in person and live webinar attendance. This event is sponsored by PSU Occupational Health Psychology Program, Oregon Institute of Occupational Health Sciences, Oregon Healthy Workforce Center and SAIF Corporation.
Archived Education and Outreach Events
NIOSH's National Center for Productive Aging and Work invited Fellowship applications in June 2015. See announcement here.
- Occupational Health Sciences Spring Symposium: Temporary and Contingent Workers Safety and Health Thursday, May 28, 2015. Access recorded webinar and handouts.
The 2015 Oregon Governor's Occupational Safety and Health Conference was held on March 9-12 in Portland. Learn more.
- Fall Symposium - Healthy Workplace Solutions: From Research to Practice
- American Heart Association's Worksite Wellness Summit: Powering up with Total Worker Health
September 17, 2014, Oregon Convention Center, Portland Oregon
OHSU's Oregon Institute of Occupational Health Sciences was presenting sponsor. Learn more.
- 3rd Annual Occupational Health Psychology Summer Institute
July 16-18, 2014, Portland, Oregon. Learn more and view presentations.
- 2014 National Symposium for Corrections Worker Health
July 15, 2014, Portland, Oregon
Sponsored by the Oregon Healthy Workforce Center
- Spring Symposium: Sedentary, Stationary and Physically Demanding Work: Health Consequences and Workplace Solutions
June 5, 2014, Portland, Oregon.
Sponsored by the Oregon Institute of Occupational Health Sciences at OHSU, Oregon Healthy Workforce Center and Oregon Public Health Division. View recorded webinar
- 2nd Annual Partner's Luncheon
March 20, 2014, Red Lion Hotel on the River - Jantzen Beach, Portland. Learn more and view presentations
- Oregon Governor's Occupational Safety and Health (GOSH) Conference
March 7, 2013
This wellness course was co-sponsored by the Oregon Healthy Workforce Center, Oregon Institute of Occupational Health Sciences, SAIF Corporation, and the Portland Business Journal. GOSH information page.
- Partners' Luncheon
September 14, 2012, Portland, Oregon
The Oregon Healthy Workforce Partners' Luncheon provided an opportunity for stakeholder networking and discussion of topics of interest to partners. The luncheon speaker, Larry S.Chapman of the Chapman Institute, spoke about Return of Investment of Workplace Wellness programs. The webinar of Mr. Chapman on "An Authoritative Look at the ROI of Worksite Wellness Programs" is now available. Watch and listen now.
- Occupational Health Psychology (OHP) Summer Institute
July 16-19, 2012, Portland, Oregon
The first annual OHP Summer Institute was a successful 4 days of education and idea exchange from a mix of academic researchers and practitioners from around the world. Topics ranged from safety climate, work organization, and stress, to employee health and the work family balance. The 2012 summer institute was presented by the Occupational Psychology Program at Portland State University, Oregon Institute of Occupational Health Sciences (formerly CROET), the Oregon Healthy WorkForce Center, and the Canadian Center for Occupational Health and Safety at St. Mary’s University. The Outreach and Education program is led by Dede Montgomery (OHSU/Oregon Institute of Occupational Health Sciences). Dan Austin supports the website and symposia.
NIOSH releases Total Worker Health publicationThe Research Compendium: The NIOSH Total Worker Health™ Program: Seminal Research Papers 2012.