Activities at OHWC are driven by five major groups, the Administrative Core, the Internal Steering Committee, the Design and Analysis Core, the Outreach Core, and the External Advisory Committee.
Planning & Evaluation Core
- W. Kent Anger, PhD (Director)
- Leslie Hammer, PhD (Associate Director)
- Ryan Olson, PhD (Associate Director)
- Anjali Rameshbabu, PhD (Center Manager)
- Jen Prissel, MA (Finance Manager)
Internal Steering Committee
The OHWC Internal Steering Committee guides the Center's executive functions. This Committee meets monthly to discuss ongoing research, outreach, and educational activities. All PIs on the Center's projects serve on the Internal Steering Committee.
External Advisory Committee
The OHWC's External Advisory Committee, which meets annually, provides guidance to the Center on the quality and progress of the research, outreach, dissemination, and education efforts.
Members of the External Advisory Committee
- Tom Becker, MD, PhD [Associate Dean for Research, OHSU-PSU School of Public Health, OHSU]
- Shirley Block [President-Business Agent, Amalgamated Transit Union ATU Local 757]
- Chuck Easterly, BS, ARM [Director, Safe and Healthy Workplace Center at SAIF Corporation]
- Joseph J. Hurrell, PhD [Retired, NIOSH, St. Mary's University; former Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Occupational Health Psychology]
- Kelly Kupcak [Executive Director, Oregon Tradeswomen]
- Noah Seixas, PhD, MS [Professor, Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Washington]
- Ronald L. Tubby, MS, MBA, CIH, CSP [Senior Program Manager, Environmental Health &Safety, Intel Corporation]
- Tammy Allen, PhD [Professor of Psychology and Area Director of Doctoral Program in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, University of South Florida]
- Matthew Keifer, MD, MPH [Director, Employee Occupational Health, VA Seattle Puget Sound; Professor Medicine and Public Health, University of Washington]
Design & Analysis Group
Design & Analysis Core
The goal of the Design & Analysis Core, led by Ginger Hanson, PhD (Johns Hopkins University), Todd Bodner, PhD (Portland State University), and Miguel Marino, PhD (OHSU), is to serve as OHWC's design and analysis gatekeeper; specifically, they review and approve methodology to ensure the highest standards of research.
Additionally, this Core helps to manage the data repository, which collects information from a set of measures that are common to all research projects at the Center—such a repository will allow us to observe any common patterns that may emerge across the different populations we study.
Grant cycle: 2016-2021
Grant cycle: 2011-2016
- Creating health and safety "Communities of Practice" for Home Care workers
- Supervisor training in construction
Led by Dede Montgomery, CIH and Anjali Rameshbabu, PhD, the mission of the Outreach Core is to ensure that the work at OHWC is relevant and applicable within the larger occupational community. Thus, our core focus is to:
- Regularly collaborate with community stakeholders to understand needs and highlight opportunities for improvement
- Build pertinent, effective, and informed interventions for occupational safety, health, and well-being
- Disseminate information and research products to the community.
- Outreach Central
- Intervention Incubator
- Dissemination Engine
- Education Launcher