Funded in 2011, the Oregon Healthy Workforce Center (OHWC) is a NIOSH-sponsored Center of Excellence for Total Worker Health.
Activities at OHWC are driven by five major groups, the Administrative Core, the Internal Steering Committee, the Design and Analysis Core, the Outreach Core, and the External Advisory Committee.
- W. Kent Anger, PhD (Director)
- Leslie Hammer, PhD (Associate Director)
- Ryan Olson, PhD (Associate Director)
- Anjali Rameshbabu, PhD (Center Manager)
- Janice Stewart, BS (Finance Manager)
Internal Steering Committee
The OHWC Internal Steering Committee guides the Center's executive functions. This Committee meets monthly to discuss ongoing research, outreach, and educational activities. All PIs on the Center's projects serve on the Internal Steering Committee.
Design & Analysis Core
The goal of the Design & Analysis Core, led by Ginger Hanson, PhD (Johns Hopkins University), Todd Bodner, PhD (Portland State University), and Miguel Marino, PhD (OHSU), is to serve as OHWC's design and analysis gatekeeper;specifically, they review and approve methodology to ensure the highest standards of research. Additionally, this Core helps to manage the data repository, which collects information from a set of measures that are common to all research projects at the Center—such a repository will enable us to observe common patterns across the different populations we study.
Led by Dede Montgomery, CIH and Anjali Rameshbabu, PhD, the mission of the Outreach Core is to ensure that the work at OHWC is relevant and applicable in the larger occupational community. Thus, our core focus is to (a) regularly collaborate with community stakeholders to understand needs and opportunities for improvement, (b) build pertinent, effective, and informed interventions for occupational safety and well-being and (c) disseminate information and research products to the community. In the effort to further expand and diversify our reach and impact, the Outreach Core has been redesigned in the current 2016-2021 cycle to include four distinct yet interconnected components: Outreach Central, Intervention Incubator, Dissemination Engine, and Education Launcher.
External Advisory Committee
The OHWC's External Advisory Committee, which meets annually, provides guidance to the Center on the quality and progress of the research, outreach, and dissemination.
Members of the External Advisory Committee
- Tom Becker, MD, PhD [Associate Dean for Research, OHSU-PSU School of Public Health, OHSU]
- Chuck Easterly, BS, ARM [Director, Safe and Healthy Workplace Center at SAIF Corporation]
- Joseph J. Hurrell, PhD [Retired, NIOSH, St. Mary's University; former Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Occupational Health Psychology]
- Noah Seixas, PhD, MS [Professor, Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Washington]
- Ronald L. Tubby, MS, MBA, CIH, CSP [Senior Program Manager, Environmental Health &Safety, Intel Corporation]
- Tammy Allen, PhD [Professor of Psychology and Area Director of Doctoral Program in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, University of South Florida]
- Matthew Keifer, MD, MPH [Director Employee Occupational Health, VA Seattle Puget Sound; Professor Medicine and Public Health, University of Washington]
Grant cycle: 2011-2016