Scientific Review Process
OCTRI has assembled a Scientific Review Committee (SRC) to conduct reviews of projects that OCTRI supports with resources, expertise, and funding.
Role of the Scientific Review Committee
The OCTRI Scientific Review Committee (SRC) serves to:
- Provide useful feedback and guidance to early-career investigators working on pilot and career-development projects
- Evaluate applications for Pilot Project Funding
- Provide a rigorous scientific review of projects that have requested access to OCTRI resources (for projects that have not been previously peer-reviewed)
The SRC review focuses primarily on the elements of scientific study design. The SRC ensures that all research projects conducted by OCTRI are:
- Appropriately designed and statistically validated
- Feasible for completion within the specified time frame and resources
- In compliance with FDA and NIH guidelines for clinical trials, if appropriate
- Consistent with OCTRI's mission
Submitting an Application
The OCTRI Front Door staff look at each request for OCTRI resources and determine if the protocol requires review by the SRC. This includes requests submitted through the OHSU eIRB, OCTRI online request form or direct contact with OCTRI programs.