Epic Data for Research Purposes
- Cohort discovery (counters) for preparatory to research purposes
- Deidentified data sets for epidemiological studies
- Data sets that identify potential study participants or gather retrospective data on current study participants
The Research Data Warehouse (RDW) contains an enormous amount of linked clinical data and can be queried to answer a broad range of research questions. OCTRI staff can act as your guide through this complex data.
Examples of Research Data Warehouse Usage
- Assess feasibility for a grant application
Determine many OHSU Down syndrome patients between 1 and 18 years had a Cardiology Department visit in the last 2 years.
- Identify potential study participants
Provide a list of patients who have abnormally high liver function test (ALT and AST) results, are between 18 and 65 years, are currently taking anti-hypertensive medication, and were seen in the last six months by an immunologist at OHSU.
Want to Learn More?
To learn more about our services or schedule a data management consultation, contact OCTRI Informatics Research Support.