Pediatric Nursing Services
OCTRI offers unique support for child health protocols through the Pediatric Clinical and Translational Research Center (PCTRC) in Doernbecher Children's Hospital (DCH). The PCTRC has clinical space in Doernbecher Children’s Hospital for both pediatric inpatient and outpatient research.
Pediatric study coordinator nurses work closely with investigators, study staff, clinical research nurses and Doernbecher Children’s Hospital nurses to ensure the success of pediatric protocols from study set-up through the final participant visit. The pediatric study coordinator nurses have experience interacting with young study participants and their families and may take on both a clinical and study coordination role.
Nursing Services for Pediatric Studies
- Phlebotomy & Specimen Collection
- Vital Signs & Physical Measurements
- IV Starts & Medication Infusions
- Catheter Access (Groshong, Port-a-Cath, PICC, & Hickman)
- Cardiac Monitoring
- Insulin Clamp
- Lumbar Puncture Assistance
- Pharmacokinetic & Pharmacodynamic Studies