Compliance Preparation & Submission
Conducting research involving human subjects requires prior review and approval by an Institutional Review Board (IRB) and, potentially, additional institutional compliance committees. OCTRI can assist investigators navigate compliance requirements and are available to assist investigators in complete pre-study and ongoing IRB submissions.
OCTRI can assist with the following elements of the IRB submission process:
- Complete the IRB application and other IRB related documents.
- Write the consent form.
- Write the HIPAA authorization form.
- Work with investigator to respond to the IRB review summary in order to obtain full IRB approval.
- Assist with development of the protocol that is submitted with the IRB application.
- Assist with obtaining certificates of confidentiality.
OCTRI can assist with applications to the following compliance committees:
- OHSU Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Portland Veterans Administration Medical Center
- OHSU Knight Cancer Institute
- OHSU Biosafety Committee
- OHSU Radiation Safety Committee