Links for Early-Career Faculty
OCTRI is committed to the career development of clinical and translational investigators.
Find resources for early-career investigators in the following categories:
- OCTRI Research Services
- OCTRI Scholar Program
- Education, Training, and Mentoring
- Funding & Support Opportunities
- Policies, Forms, & Templates
- External Resources
Entering clinical research does not have to be overwhelming.
OCTRI has experts in compliance, budget development, statistics, data management, and community-engaged research who can consult with investigators as they craft their first independent research proposal or implement a clinical study.
OCTRI also offers inpatient and outpatient facilities, experienced research nursing staff, experienced study coordinators, and a core laboratory that conducts a wide range of assays and genetic analyses.
OCTRI Scholars Program
The Scholars Program supports early-career faculty in obtaining their first independent research funding. You are eligible for the program if you are applying for or currently have a career-development award.
Popular Research Services for Early-Career Faculty
- REDCap Tutorials: Data Collection & Management
- Compliance Preparation & Submission
- Clinical Trial & Grant Budget Development
- Data Safety Monitoring Plan (DSMP) & Board (DSMB) Assistance
- Statistical Support for OCTRI Scholars
- Preparation of Study Documentation
- Recruiting, Scheduling, and Consenting Study Participants
- Community & Population Research Consultation
- Consultation on Body Composition & Energy Expenditure
- Consultation on Functional Genomics: Microarray Proteomics
- Consultation with Bionutritionist on Protocol Design
- Data Management Consultation
- Experimental Design & Laboratory Expertise Consultation
- Statistical Consultation Services
- Statistical Genetics Consultation: Experimental Design
Nursing & Laboratory Services
- CTRC Nursing Services Guide
- Inpatient Room with Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing Services
- Phlebotomy & Specimen Collection
- Medication Infusions & Administration
- Pharmacodynamic & Pharmacokinetic Studies
- Laboratory Tests & Assays
OCTRI provides educational resources to help investigators advance their career in clinical and translational research. OCTRI has also joined with the OHSU School of Medicine Office of the Dean to create a Mentoring Program that provides resources to both mentors and mentees.
- Education Opportunities for Faculty & Fellows
- OHSU Mentoring Program
- Human Investigations Program (HIP): Academic Courses in Clinical Research
- Links to OHSU Study Start-Up Policies & Forms
- Research-Related Forms
- OHSU Research Policies & Related Health System Policies
This online resource provides articles and perspectives about training, career paths, and career-related issues in clinical and translational science. The online community is now open to all who are interested in careers in clinical and translational research.
- Society for Clinical and Translational Science