At OCTRI, providing assistance to help enhance clinical and translational research is at the core of our mission. To help guide the OHSU community onto a more entrepreneurial path, we have created several resources to help accelerate the commercialization of your innovation to the market.
INVENT is an educational program supporting bioscience innovation and entrepreneurship. In this program, entrepreneurs can learn how to evaluate and protect their concept, seek funding and pitch their innovation to investors, and how to build and plan a business model. The goal of the INVENT series is to help guide innovations from the university to the market.
Upcoming INVENT events:
Learn to Pitch Your Technology!
February 6th, 2018
8:30 - 11am
Oregon Bioscience Incubator (OBI), 4640 SW Macadam Ave. Suite 200
Admission is free, but registration is required as space is limited:
Please join us for a dynamic and engaging workshop led by Tom Kingsley, an entrepreneur, angel investor, and startup consultant, and Brigitte Piniewski, MD, an angel investor, medical practitioner, and former digital health executive. The workshop will provide guidance on the following:
- Developing an effective 1 to 2 minute pitch about your technology
- Creating a value proposition
- Tailoring your pitch to investors
- Framework to structure your pitch
- Reading the audience and effectively handling Q&A
Building Realistic Financials for Your Startup
September 20, 2017
9 - 11am
Urban Office, 4949 SW Macadam Ave., Portland, OR 97239
This INVENT workshop helps early-stage startups establish an effective financial strategy to attract potential investors and maintain a positive overall financial standing for your company. Susan Preston, Manager of the Seattle Angel Fund, will discuss:
- The importance of a sound financial model
- Variables to include in your financial model
- Impact and influence of your financial model on your business plan
- How your financial model ties into your value proposition
To view local community programs and events, visit the OTRADI event calendar.