Electronic Clinical Research Information System(eCRIS)
OHSU is implementing an electronic Clinical Research Information System (eCRIS), which will be an institution-wide computer application for the budgeting, financial management, contracting, and study management, including subject tracking and regulatory reporting and document management, of OHSU clinical research studies. The system will increase the efficiency, effectiveness, accuracy, and compliance of clinical research at OHSU. Studies involving prospectively consented human subjects will eventually be required to track their subjects in eCRIS according to the schedule listed below, though other types of studies are welcome to use the system. For more details regarding what studies will need to use eCRIS, click here.
eCRIS Brownbag Presentations
May 6, 2013 - Coffee Talk PowerPoint Available:
eCRIS PROJECT SCHEDULE
|Big Brain training available to all users||June|
|Mandatory 4 Hour Classroom Training Available||22-Jul-13|
|Phase 1 Go Live: Campus Wide Optional Use||22-Jul-13|
|Phase 2 Go Live: Invoicing Available||4-Nov-13|
|All new studies submitted to IRB require eCRIS/Knight Go Live||13-Jan-14|
|Phase 3 Go Live: Additional Functionality||24-Mar-14|
|All existing studies migrated to eCRIS||14-Jul-14|
A user test environment is available to familiarize yourself with eCRIS outside of the production environment. Generic logins for all of the roles in eCRIS are available and listed on the login page.
Once eCRIS is available, the following steps will be required to access eCRIS:
- Step 1: Take the eCRIS online training module (see training below).
- Step 2: If you do not currently have eIRB access, request an eIRB and eCRIS account. This link will be available when eCRIS has gone live.
- Step 3: All study staff must complete in-person training (see eCRIS Training below).
The Clinical Research Billing Office (CRBO) will be providing training and education for eCRIS:
- Online training is required to access eCRIS. Go to https://bigbrain.ohsu.edu/ , log in with your network ID, go to the "Course Catalog", select "Research" at the bottom of the page, and click on the eCRIS course.
- A 4 hour in- person training class is also be required for research team members who will be entering/accessing information in eCRIS. CRBO will send out a notification with the Training Force link for study teams to schedule the required training. For questions about the eCRIS training, please email Kristin Hackney.
Post-go live eCRIS Support
eCRIS support will be available by emailing eCRISSupport@ohsu.edu. The mailbox will be continuously monitored between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Inquiries will be processed in the order in which they are received unless marked High Importance (!). High importance inquiries will be given priority and would be any instance in which an end user is prevented from proceeding through an eCRIS workflow or smartform and cannot determine why, or a study state is not transitioning as expected.