The OCTRI Education Program strives to provide an educational foundation for successful, comprehensively trained clinical and translational investigators. The main objectives of the program are to provide faculty, fellows and students with:
- training in the clinical investigative process from initial trial design to data analysis and presentation;
- the expertise necessary to enter an independent phase of career development;
- mentored clinical research training that provides an intensive, practical, and supportive individualized experience to prepare trainees for an academic research career;
- an integration of principles of translational research, population and community research, genomics, and medical informatics into the curriculum and mentored experiences; and
- knowledge of the major sources of grant funding, grant-writing and grantsmanship.