The Outreach, Recruitment and Education Core of the Layton Aging & Alzheimer's Disease Center provides a wide range of educational programs to:
- Increase public awareness and understanding of Alzheimer's Disease research,
- Aid in the recruitment of subjects for research studies, and
- Improve care and quality of life for persons with dementia and support their family caregivers.
- Train health care professionals
- Collaborate with other organizations to promote awareness of memory disorders and research activities, emphasizing underserved populations
- Work with service organizations, e.g., the Alzheimer's Association and state and local agencies to develop programs and advocate for policies that improve health and quality of life of older adults in Oregon
- Distribute topical information and deliver community education on Alzheimer's disease and other dementias
- A newsletter, Aging & Alzheimer's Update, published twice per year
Our Brain TLC series features speakers on topics related to dementia prevention. View videos and slides of Brain TLC and other presentations
Oregon Income Tax Check-off Alzheimer's Research Fund
The Education Core administers the Oregon Income Tax Check-off Alzheimer's Research Fund in collaboration with The Oregon Partnership for Alzheimer's Research, a community advisory committee.
For further information about the Outreach, Recruitment and Education Core or to request educational information, please contact Dr. Linda Boise at email@example.com or 503 494-6370.