UCEDD Community Engagment Grant
Please note: The next grant cycle will open by September 1, 2015
The OHSU UCEDD and Community Partners Council (CPC) is pleased to announce the opening of the second cycle of a mini-grants, encouraging new and innovative local activities related to Spirituality and Sibling Support intended to provide meaningful benefits for people with developmental disabilities and their families.
This Mini-Grant Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) was created to provide financial support to Oregon based non-profit organizations, promoting full access, capacity building, systemic change, and advocacy for people with developmental disabilities.
Alternate electronic formats of all application materials are available upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission Deadline: TBA
Through leadership and effective partnerships with individuals, families, communities, and public and private agencies, the UCEDD strives to serve as an exemplary local, state, and national resource through excellence in interdisciplinary education, clinical practice, research, community service, and policy development.
- Projects considered must align with at least one of the CPC's areas of emphasis (i.e. spirituality and disability or sibling support for people with disabilities).
- All applications should relate to the mission of the UCEDD (see above) and demonstrate how they will help us accomplish this overarching goal.
- All applicants must have tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status as a non-profit organization as defined by the Internal Revenue Service. Verification must be provided with the application.
- Geographical restrictions limit consideration of projects to only those developed and carried out in the state of Oregon. Grant money must be spent on the intended project by or before fiscal year end (up to $1,000) and are not renewable or extendable.
Areas of Exclusion:
- Projects that do not address spirituality or sibling support for people who experience disability in Oregon
- Funding for specific individuals and/or equipment for specific individuals
- Organizations or programs that are based and/or provide services to populations outside of Oregon or outside the United States
- Funding for political campaigns, candidates, legislation, or lobbying
- Endowments and organizational debt reduction
- Administrative expenses
- Food, alcohol, or refreshments for events, meetings, or individuals
After reviewing the above material, if your organization meets the qualifications, your organization may complete the application requirements during an open funding cycle by or before the listed application closure date.
Due to the potentially high volume of interest in our mini grants as well as our limited staff, we are unable to provide feedback to ideas prior to receiving the application form. We appreciate your understanding and adherence to our process.
Instruction for How to Apply:
Interested people/organizations should complete and electronically submit the following documents attached in one email to email@example.com:
Click on the links below to complete application:
- Application cover sheet, application, and budget sheet (included within document)
- 501c3 tax-exempt status documentation (Please provide a copy of your documentation)
- A completed W9 form
- A completed OHSU publicity and standard photo release form
- Applications are only accepted in electronic format. for technical information on how to fill and submit an application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page for more information.
Requirements for Successful Awardees:
If your organization is the successful awardee, the primary project contact will be responsible to complete the following:
- Submit an invoice for award payment
- Provide formal project updates
- A brief progress summary will be due at three months from award
- A final project report
The successful awardee must agree to allow the UCEDD to share information regarding the project. The awardee must also agree to provide standard photo releases and other information for UCEDD publications and advertising.