- Alzheimer's Disease - Our research on Alzheimer's Disease addresses the input mode or level of symbol that optimizes AAC device use for persons with moderate dementia.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis - Our ALS research examines the relationship between AAC technology use by persons with ALS and their caregiver's perception of role strain.
- Dysarthria - Our research seeks to improve the intellibility of dysarthric speech by using voice recognition software.
- Locked-in Syndrome (BCI) - Our research is focused on developing an efficient and effective brain computer interface (BCI) system for persons with locked-in syndrome that serves as a communication system.
- Primary Progressive Aphasia - Our research tests the extent to which AAC intervention is associated with changes in conversation for persons with primary progressive aphasia under controlled and natural situations.
- Other Projects - A variety of other projects we are working on all dedicated to helping people reclaim expressive knowledge!