Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
Research examines the relationship between AAC technology use by persons with ALS and their caregiver's perception of role strain. We also examine the relationship between the caregiver's attitude and skill base with AAC technology and perceived level of role strain.
- Functional Performance Using Eye Control and Single Switch Scanning by People with ALS
- Purposes of AAC Device Use for Persons with ALS as Reported by Caregivers
- ASHA, ALS, AAC Technology, and Caregivers: Attitudes, Skills, & Role Strain, 2004
- ISAAC (Natal, Brazil), Caregiving and AAC Systems in ALS: Quantitative and Qualitative Analyses, October, 2004
- ASHA, ALS Severity and Caregivers' Reports of Communication with AAC Technology