Grants - Cost Share
CDRC follows Federal and OHSU cost sharing guidelines. Cost Sharing is a portion of the costs of a project not borne by the sponsor, for example, when a department shares the costs of funding the project.
There are several types of Cost Share, including:
- Mandatory, which is legally binding and required by Funder
- Voluntary, which is not required by the Funder but becomes legally binding once application is submitted to Funder.
Cost share match can be based on several methods, including:
- Effort (e.g. 5% of a person's effort)
- Percentage of total project costs (e.g. 1% of total project costs)
- PI determines if Funder requires Mandatory Cost Share and checks appropriate box on PPQ
- PI determines if there is need for Voluntary Cost Share and informs GCO
- PI completes the Cost Share Agreement Form and obtains appropriate signatures. If cost share is to be borne by non-CDRC departments, PI obtains appropriate departmental signatures
- PI provides to GCO Cost Share details to be included in budget
- PI provides completed and signed form to GCO with PPQ and draft budget
- If funded, PI monitors Cost Share requirement to ensure the requirement will be met by the end of the budget period.
- All Committed Cost Shares' are reflected in Effort commitment and the Effort Certification Statements