The purpose of the budget is to provide the Funder with a specific breakdown of proposed project costs. The PI should adhere to the budget requirements as described in the Funder's Submission Guidelines/ RFP/PA. IRO requires an Excel spreadsheet with itemized direct costs (personnel and other project expenses), indirect costs, and total costs to be provided. An example of a budget is available for reference.
- PI provides preliminary budgetary information for their grants analyst to draft budget.
- PI works with their grants analyst to further develop the budget to meet Funder's requirements.
- If Funder has a policy requiring the use of an Indirect cost rate that differs from OHSU's federally negotiated rate, the PI provides documentation.
- PI secures all necessary documents if project includes outgoing subawards.
- PI secures necessary approvals and signed documents if project includes cost share, F&A waiver, reduction, split, or less than federally negotiated rate (see#3).
- PI approves draft budget to route with PPQ.
- PI approves final budget for submission to RGC 15 business days before due date.
- If funded, the submitted budget is used for setup according to the Notice of Grant Award (NOGA) unless changes are required.