Grants Budget Justification
PurposeThe purpose of the budget justification is to provide the Funder with a written description of proposed project costs.
- PI adheres to the budget justification requirements as described in the Funder's Submission Guidelines/ RFP/PA.
- PI drafts budget justification based on budget and budget categories for the first year of funding. If costs differ in subsequent years, make a note of that in the justification.
- PI provides details If project includes Cost Share.
- PI lists and describes expenses in the same order as they appear in the accompanying budget.
- PI provides details if a Modified Indirect Cost Rate is used to determine base (i.e. if equipment, outgoing subawards greater than $25,000, tuition).
- PI should list personnel as Person Months in Budget Justificaiton if Funder wants staff commitment expressed Person Months.