Telecom costs are usually treated as an indirect cost (per OMB-Circular A-21), however, telecom expenses can be allowed if they can be specifically identified and assigned with relative ease and with a high degree of accuracy to a particular sponsored project.
- PI to determine if Telecom expenses are allowable for a specific project. Examples of Telecom Costs are:
- Local Calls/Line Charge
- Long Distance Calls
- Voicemail Boxes
- Cell Phones
- Fax Lines
- Calling Cards
- PI provides GCO with justification for Telecom expense
- PI requests Telecom setup from Tammy Neil
- PI reviews telecom bills routinely and informs Tammy Neil and GCO if changes to telecom accounts should be made
- At the beginning of all project years in a multi-year award, PI and GCO inform Tammy Neil about all telecom charges to the account, i.e. whether to continue or discontinue telecom accounts.
- At account closeout, PI informs Tammy Neil and GCO