Pre-Award spending allows labor and other expenses to be charged to a grant or contract before official award notice has been received from the Funder. An unrestricted department accounting string must be provided when Pre-Award Spending is requested and approval by CDRC Fiscal Authority. If the project is not funded, CDRC is required to absorb all incurred expenses.
Please note that all expenses charged to a grant must be allowable per OHSU and Federal guidelines.
- PI discusses with GCO the need to request Pre-Award spending and provides justification for request.
- PI assures that all compliance items are complete prior to Pre-Award account setup.
- GCO completes Pre-Award Spending Request Form and routes to PI and Fiscal Authority for signatures.
- GCO routes completed form to RGC.
- RGC processes and forwards paperwork to SPA where account is setup and Oracle number (GCDRC####) and alias are assigned.
- SPA sends Notice of OGA Award Setup (NOGA) to PI and GCO