GCO: Petty Cash
Petty Cash is a small amount of discretionary funds in the form of cash and is maintained by a Petty Cash Custodian. A common use of Petty Cash is for participant incentives (if participants are "research subjects, IRB approval is required).
Petty cash funds cannot be used to reimburse out-of-pocket expenses.
Please note that all expenses charged to a grant must be allowable per OHSU and Federal guidelines. It is the responsibility of the PI and Petty Cash Custodian to ensure that expenses are allowable.
- PI follows OHSU Petty Cash Policy and Procedures.
- PI and Petty Cash Custodian contact Angela Amato in the CDRC Business Office to setup a Petty Cash account.
- GGO approves Petty Cash request before setting up Petty Cash Account on a grant.
- PI and Petty Cash Custodian must ensure that Petty Cash use adheres to the original intent of the petty cash account as stated during setup.
- If expenditure type is "Research Subjects," IRB approval is necessary. If not, expenditure type is "Miscellaneous Fees and Services."
- Petty Cash Custodian must secure PI and GCO signatures when reconciling Petty Cash account.
- Petty Cash Custodian must supply justification for expense.