Cost Transfers


Cost transfers are done when an expense has been incorrectly charged to an account and needs to be reassigned to the correct account.


Please note that all expenses charged to a grant must be allowable per OHSU and Federal guidelines.

  1. PI identifies expense to be transfers and informs GCO to request a Cost transfer.
    Provide the following for the Cost Transfer Request Form:
    • Account string of originally charged expense (POETA or FOMOPPL)
    • Account string to transferred expense (POETA or FOMOPPL)
    • Date of original expense
    • Cost of original expense
    • Description of original expense
    • Justification for expense
    • Explanation for why transfer is necessary
  2. GCO completes necessary paperwork
  3. GGO routes completed form to PI and CDRC Fiscal Authority and submits to SPA