Professor, Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, OHSU School of Medicine
Director, OHSU UCEDD
Associate Director for Academic Affairs, Institute on Development & Disability
Dr. Lollar is an initiator and member of the World Health Organization task force to adapt the international classification (ICF) for children and youth with disabilities. He serves on the ICF-CY Task Force, an ongoing international activity related to disability classification for children and youth. Don Lollar served as Senior Research Scientist, Division for Human Development and Disability, National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta. Prior to joining CDC, Dr. Lollar practiced rehabilitation psychology for 25 years, providing assessment and therapy services to children, adults, and families across the lifespan. He spent seven years developing public health science and programs to increase participation in society among people with disabilities by promoting health and preventing secondary conditions, and directed NCBDDD's Office of Extramural Research, leading the mental health workgroup.
M.S. and Ed.D., Indiana University, 1971
Memberships and Associations:
- American Public Health Association
- American Psychological Association
- 1996-2009 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 1971-1996 Licensed psychologist practicing in community mental health (1971-1976) and private practice (1976-1996)
- Froehlich-Grobe, K & Lollar, D. (2011). Obesity disparity in disability: Time to act. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PREVENTIVE MEDICINE, 41(5), 541-545. doi:10.1016/j.amepre.2011.07.015
- Lollar DJ, Hartzell MS, and Evans MA.(2012)Functional difficulties and health conditions among children with special health needs.PEDIATRICS.129:3, March.714-722.
- Phelps RA, Pinter JD, Lollar DJ, Medlen JG, Bethell CD.(2012)Health Care needs of children with Down syndrome and impact of health system performance on children and their families.JOURNAL OF DEVELOPMENTAL AND BEHAVIORAL PEDIATRICS. Vol 33(3), April.
- Lollar DJ, editor (2010).LAUNCHING INTO ADULTHOOD:AN INTEGRATED RESPONSE TO SUPPORT THE TRANSITION OF YOUTH WITH CHRONIC CONDITIONS AND DISABILITIES.New York:Brookes Publishing, 2010.
- Lollar DJ and Andresen E (2011).Co-editor, PUBLIC HEALTH PERSPECTIVES ON DISABILITY: FROM EPIDEMIOLOGY TO ETHICS AND BEYOND. Springer Press, 2011.